Get A Jump Start On Spring Cleaning!
This winter has been especially brutal for many throughout the country. Everyone here at The Shelving Store, located in southeast Michigan, seems anxious for spring to arrive. March has always felt like the unofficial start of spring for me. It’s the season for the annual spring cleaning and along with that comes the need to address the lack of organization in those problem areas in your home.
We came across this great article, “10 Tips to Maximize Storage in Your Home”, posted by www.ChangeofAddress.org and knew we wanted to share some of these ideas with our readers. Here are some useful tips:
1. Get Rid of Clutter. Sort through what you have collected and get rid ofwhat is simply clutter.
2. Utilize Possible Furniture Space. Look for those spaces that are under-utilized, such as under the bed and under the sink and start to think vertically.
3. Bookshelves. Just because it is intended for use with books doesn’t mean you can’t store other things on those shelves. There is no reason you can’t put magazines, even office files, on a bookshelf.
4. Vanity Cabinets. This is a great place to add those items you need to store that are bathroom essentials and grooming products. There are many organizational products to help maximize this often wasted space.
5. Chairs. Try replacing a large, overstuffed chair with a small chair and an ottoman that doubles as storage.
6. Dressing Tables. Underneath the dressing table is a great area that can hold many small items or shoe storage.
7. Maximizing Bathroom and Kitchen Storage. You can’t overlook those places under sinks as a perfect place to use for storing certain items. Chrome wire shelving units can be designed to fit in small spaces and can double your storage isntantly. Safety locks can also be installed on the cabinet doors to keep small children from accessing the area.
8. Changing an Inefficient Storage Format. In the kitchen it is easy to overlook the benefit of certain kinds of vertical storage options. Baker’s racks come in all shapes and sizes and can even be wall mounted to maximize storage of pots and pans and many other kitchen products. Storage containers and bins come in great colors and styles to match any décor and will make a great addition to your home.
We would love to hear any ideas you have found on tackling spring cleaning and home organization. There is such a feeling of satisfaction when you finally master that area in your home that has caused you such grief for so long.